I sure did and these are great “takealongs” for the individual paddler who enjoys the good life. A chic change from granola bars that will leave your competitors wide-eyed and grumbling in their trail mix about the hardship of food on the river. Use whole wheat spaghetti for an extra boost and vegetarians, toss in some toasted pine nuts instead of the bacon.
Simple Spaghetti Muffins .
|250 grams||8-10 oz||spaghetti|
|100 grams||4 oz||bacon|
|1 small||1 small||onion|
|100 grams||4 oz||Parmesan or Gran Padano|
|200 ml||1 cup||whipping cream|
|Salt and Pepper|
|Preheat Oven||180° C||350° F|
You’ll Also Need
- A muffin tin for 12 muffins
- A fork and spoon, unless you are not averse to clean fingers..I used mine.
- A cheese grater
How To Do It
- Spaghetti – cook in lightly salted water until al dente
- Finely chop (or grate) the onion (or be extry-chic and use a shallot instead). Then sautee together with the bacon in a small pan just until translucent.
- Butter the muffin tins. More butter = more crispy spaghetti on the outside
- Drain your spaghetti and with the help of a fork and spoon, twirl little nests of spaghetti in each muffin tin.
- Now, grate the cheese and, using a fork, mix together with the cream and the egg.
- Distribute the egg/cheese mixture over the nests – a tablespoon works well for this.
Bake for 25 minutes. Yumm.